Monday, February 3, 2014

Sunday vs. Monday SUPER BOWL EDITION

SUNDAY: 

This past Sunday was super bowl Sunday which meant self-control succumbed to pizza, beer, CRONUTS (yeah, you read that right!), chips and guac.. omg.. especially the chips and guac! Oh, savory guacamole.. I'm salivating just thinking of you..  (If you don't know how much I love savory food read this post.)

Breakfast - around 8:30am:
The after shot 
I woke up unusually starving so had a corn tortilla with hummus*, half an apple and a cup of tea

around 11:30am (and a crazy long wait at a restaurant my mom has been wanting to try for breakfast):

I split an American breakfast that consisted on scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon and home fries.

Lunch/ Super Bowl Nomz - from 2:30pm - 6:30pm:
The spread
I started the afternoon with a TON of chips and guac. (Chip to guac ratio = 1 chip : a heaping amount of guacamole.. like a mini Everest of avocado, tomato, onions and cilantro)

I think I ended up having 3 slices of pizza - though they were relatively small slices..

I had  half of a cronut, some apple slices dipped in caramel, whiskey infused popcorn, veggies and hummus, crackers, meat and cheese and oh yeah, some more guacamole.

(For this party, I did eat a lot but not a lot of everything... if you don't count the pizza and guac. anyway....)

Dinner - around 7:30pm:
I finished of the day with half of a leftover Hawaiian burger because apparently I hadn't had enough red meat and carbohydrates for the day...

MONDAY:

Breakfast - around 9am
I woke up and wasn't too hungry so just had coffee before getting to the office. I brought a pack of organic oatmeal with flax seeds and an organic pear to eat once settled in.

Lunch - around 1pm
one pita with hummus, cucumber and carrot slices and a side of potato salad

Afternoon snack - around 4:30pm
A few dried peaches and pistachio almond clusters


VEGGIES.. it's whats for dinner.



Dinner - around 7:30pm
Whole wheat pasta with chard, scallops, tomato, onions, garlic, olive oil and parm.



Dessert - right after dinner
a chocolate chip cookie and peppermint tea


Monday clearly made up for what Sunday lacked in nutrients and homemade nomz. However, as mentioned, Sunday's food consumption was about a lot of variety but not a total loss of control... It was the Super Bowl, who doesn't splurge a little bit? So, sorry I'm not sorry about it.

;)

OX
-a


*Mike says this is the weirdest combination he's heard of.. I thought it was pretty good. What are your thoughts?

0 comments:

Post a Comment