Thursday, January 30, 2014

Are you savory or sweet?

Excuse me while I just heat up
 my savory split pea soup**
(for a snack)
When I started this blog I wanted an entire section dedicated to Savory vs. Sweet recipes. I've posted ZERO recipes but promise to do so soon.

ANYWAY! The point of THIS Savory vs. Sweet post iiiiiis - this might actually be more of a rant... buttt WHERE ARE THE SAVORY SNACK BARS AT?

I see all these bars* that look delicious AFTER I've eaten dinner. I don't want a chocolate brownie bar when I'm hungry. I want some salami. But there aren't any convenient bars to satisfy my savory tooth.

Where is the grilled cheese bar? Or the guacamole and chip bar? IT DOESN'T EXIST and it makes me sad everyday around 4pm when all I want is a steak...

Disclaimer: hummus and veggies/pita chips are a great savory snack, as are nuts (sometimes), but I just thought someone should point out the discrimination against savory in the bar industry...

I'm done now.

Love almost always,
ASHLEY

*I'm not a huge fan of bars in general but definitely understand the convenience of them.. plus, there are some pretty good options out there like LARABARS if you care about things like natural ingredients and what not... ((which you should BTW))

**which has the same calories as most bars do (200) but NOT THE SAME CONVENIENCE! #imnotbitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment