Monday, January 6, 2014

Starting over

So, here's the thing about having a birthday in November, what ever personal goals you've set for yourself to become a healthier, better, nicer, whatever-er person during that year of your life is shot when the holidays roll around. (Well, hopefully not the nicer resolution but who knows? Christmas can bring out the Scrooge in some...)

For example; this year - the year leading up to my 25th birthday - I decided to start this blog and become stronger. (Read about it here) Ideally, I wanted to write in this sucker 2-3x a week, magically work out 7 days a week (jk but come on? I should at least be able to swing 3 days..), consistently update my Sunday Vs. Monday section, become the next BIG SHOT BLOGGER (holleeer), and have fancy drop-down menus with organized content.

But guess what? it's Monday and I am not uploading pictures of what I ate yesterday and today... (Read about that here and here and here) And my blog is STILL lacking the drop-down menu feature... Ask me about the last time I consistently worked out and you'll weep at my answer...

You ready for the excuse for why I've majorly been sucking yet?

I'm blaming it on the holidays.

The holidays are still as festive as fun as they were when I was a child but they also come with a side of stress. A lot of spending, too much to drink/eat, and not enough exercise. Then there is the bittersweet packed social calendar; I love a good Ugly Sweater party as much as the next girl but weekend after weekend I find myself devoted to dinners, get togethers, and family gatherings instead of writing, reading and yoga. I have to admit, I don't feel like the well rounded person that I want to be going into 2014. I can't even remember the last book I read........

BUT I'm not going to beat myself up about it because hey, guess what? I wrote a book in 2013 and even though I wanted to be well past my first draft of my second book by this time (definitely not my reality right now) I didn't anticipate a move that is still consuming most of my time. And even though I wanted to keep this baby plush and abundant with posts, I couldn't because I was packing and unpacking and celebrating and unpacking and going to Ikea... So? (ready for the standard cliche yet?) it is what it is.

Tomorrow I will be 24 years and 2 months old and I'm going to go ahead and redraw the start line there. Please join me and almost always read my blog. ...Starting with tomorrows post about the fiasco tonight's dinner was and how there are few problems pizza can't solve.

Love almost always,
Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment