Monday, November 18, 2013

SUNDAY VS. MONDAY ROUND 2

SUNDAY:


We are in the midst of moving this weekend so, it was a pleasant surprise that our Sunday as still semi-lazy and filled with good nomz. Though, I did indulged more than usual on sweets, but otherwise it was a pretty healthy day!


Breakfast - around 10am:
Paleo banana pancakes, oatmeal with apples and cinnamon, coffee with organic ½ and ½



Note: neither myself nor my boyfriend are on a paleo diet (hence the oatmeal) but these pancakes are so simple and delicious we make them often. All you do is blend bananas and eggs (1:2) to make the batter and proceed like you would with normal pancakes)





Lunch - around 1:30pm:
The Della Casa salad at a cute little restaurant in downtown. It had eggs, tuna, tomato, corn, (in-house made!) mozzarella and beans. I also had two tiny slices of Mike’s pizza with cheese and smoked prosciutto

After lunch we walked to a nearby gelato place with our good friends Shelby and Conor. Conor and I, both having similar (and the best) taste buds, ordered ½ espresso chip and ½ chocolate hazelnut. Shelby got the best mint chocolate chip gelato I’ve ever tasted  - that wasn’t artificially dyed green (huge bonus!) - it was white, pure, minty, and delicious. Mike tried the malted milk with a root beer. This was also good, as pretty much all gelato is, but too “milky” for my taste.



Mid-moving treat - around 4:
Such scrumptious s’more brownies.



A good friend came to tour the new apartment and brought brownies that her mom made. I planned on only eating half but couldn’t resist and had a whole one.  


Dinner - around 7:30:
We went to the Farmers Market before lunch and picked up organic zucchini, red bell peppers and specialty Polish sausages. We grilled all this up and put on sourdough bread for dinner. Toasting to our hard work moving, we also had sweet tea and lemonade with a fresh lemon slice.







MONDAY:


We will still be moving throughout the week, so we’ll be super busy. I will have to put extra effort into eating healthy and balanced because I know there will be nights when ordering a pizza sounds a lot better than cooking..


Breakfast - around 9:00:
This morning I hit snooze multiple times (standard for a Monday..) so only had time for coffee before leaving… BUT I remembered that I bought chocolate cereal with almonds the day before and needed.to.eat.it. So, I poured some in a Tupperware, some almond milk in another and ate it when I got into work.


Lunch - around 1:00:
Last night I DID NOT want to take time to make my lunch for today but I knew it was important so I sliced spinach, tomatoes, carrots, onions, and cucumbers for a salad today. Paired with olive oil, balsamic, oregano, garlic salt, and lemon pepper, I felt satisfied and healthy. Win-win. (I also had a orange for a sweet treat after instead of choosing a mini-candy bar to balance out my double desserts yesterday.)


Snack - around 4:30:
An apple and a couple handfuls of peanuts


Dinner - around 7:00:
A tiny bowl of organic butternut squash soup with green onions to tide me over until Mike came home to grill the meat

Grilled flank steak, potatoes, and broccoli with Parmesan cheese. Plus a corona and lime.


Note: We usually don’t eat this much red meat (the sausages the night before and the steak tonight) but, as mentioned, we’re moving and I’m trying to use up what we have in the freezer so, steak it was!


Overall, the two days were both pretty healthy. I had a lot of sweets on Sunday but simply balanced it out on Monday and didn’t stress about it. ...Besides, when you’re moving, you deserve gelato and brownies. (And probably cookies, too ...if I had access to them)




0 comments:

Post a Comment