Thursday, November 7, 2013

Birthday Breakthrough

Today is my 24th birthday. It is also the day I decided to launch a new blog. I plan to stick with it for a least a year (but maybe longer..) in the hopes to connect, inspire, and engage with people during my pursuit to become stronger, healthier, and to remain happy.


If I was following “the plan” for this journey, I would have gotten my butt out of bed this morning to go for a run. (Some background info: running is not - I repeat not - my thing.) But I figured it would be a good place to both kick off my blog and my 24th year of life. 

...I figured it was a good idea until about 10pm last night. I was cozy in my bed watching Orange is the New Black and I knew, I just knew, there was no way I would be getting out of bed to start my (hopeful) love affair with running. But, in the spirit of optimism, I left alarm set for 6am. Obviously you already know when that sucker started blaring this AM, I shut.it.down., rolled over to cuddle with my boyfriend, and continued to snooze until it was time to get up for work.


I’m feeling a little guilty that I didn't just get up and go but, then again, it is my birthday, so screw it. I’ll start next week. (Do you see how I’m already formulating excuses?! This is another reason for this little blogster - I need to be held accountable!)


I really will start next week though. I've already purchased a Groupon for a boot camp with a co-worker. (Forking out some ca$h money annnd having someone relying on me to go will definitely help aid my procrastination… I just know it.) So, until I have some soreness (because, believe me, I will be sore!) to report, I will let you know about some COMING SOON attractions.


Sundays vs. Monday will show the differences between how wild the weekend can get (with no schedule and, on the rare occasion, not much to occupy your time… don’t we all eat a little more on the weekends?) and how (hopefully) Monday is an opportunity for redemption. I will record everything I eat on these two days to compare and contrast (but not to analyze, obsess, or ever feel guilty about) the very different eating habits (at least for me!) from a weekend day to a week day.


Sweaty n’ Smelly, I think, is pretty self-explanatory. Here I will share my working-out adventures (and probably cry a little bit along the way...) I already have a training session with a good friend set up and ready to be recorded for your entertainment. (Forewarning: I’ll be complaining. ..A lot.)


Sweet and Savory is where I will showcase some of my favorite healthy noshes. (If any of you foodie bloggers out there want to guest-blog… inbox me :)

This's and That's will be a collection of my opinions, random thoughts, and mental commentaries.


I hope you enjoy the journey!

Love almost always,
Ashley

1 comments:

  1. Can't wait for bootcamp! And when I make the friend category instead of co-worker! Lol

    ReplyDelete