Saturday, November 16, 2013

Sore baby...

On Thursday evening, I cashed in on my Groupon for 6-weeks of unlimited bootcamp classes and I'm feeling the burn.

This year, I've been pretty good about working out... that was until I landed a full-time job. I flew out east for a week of training the last week of August and haven't been nearly as dedicated to fitness since. Sure, I've done the occasion yoga class here and weight sesh there, but it's not as easy as it was when I was only working part-time. PS. Did I mention I worked at a JCC aka a really nice facility with fancy exercise equipment and a plethora of fitness classes. I used to do pilates every week. On Thursdays. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY! Obviously, this is not my life anymore. I'm a working girl; who is thankful and happy to have a full time job but definitely needs to work harder on making time to get.physical.

Cue the Groupon! A co-worker (and friend!) of mine figured paying to get into shape would force us to. Thursday was our first class and we plan to go 2-3x a week until Christmas. If we stay on track, this will be a great way to enter the new year. We will be motivated to maintain, which, for me at least, is far more powerful than motivation to conquer; look at how far I've come compared to look at how far I have to go. 

Based on soreness along, I know the bootcamp was intense. I wish I could detail the 50 minutes spent sweating, panting, and almost puking but I've repressed the memory.

We're going again on Monday and I am praying that my muscles mend by then, so I can move without wanting to cry. (By the way, having to move to a new apartment - that is up 2 flights of stairs - after the first extreme workout you've had in 2 months, is definitely not advised.) I'm hoping with the aid of both my Groupon (already forked out some ca$h money so I have to go...) and my blog (holding me accountable and giving me writing material...) I will be able to crank up my fitness level. ...And maybe one day I'll even be able to do a round of burpees without feeling faint and seeing little tiny stars.

We'll see...!

Love almost always,
Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment