Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Sunday vs. Monday Round 4: Sweets Edition

SUNDAY:

My last holiday celebration was this past weekend (yes, in January..) and I can't say yesterday wasn't a bit of a splurge...

 Breakfast - around 8:30am:

I took the train up to my parents house (because my car is having some issues) for breakfast with them and my grandparents; but I needed something for the ride up so I had a small tangerine.

THEN, at breakfast (around 10am) I had  eggs over medium, sliced sourdough, 2 sausages, and coffee.

Lunch - around 2pm:

My mom and I went up to San Francisco to see Amaluna. We had to catch the train (again) at 3pm so I ate 4 mini samosa from Whole Foods and some blueberries for lunch.

Once in the city, we stopped at Starbucks. I ordered a short chai tea latte but only had time to drink half of it before the show.

During Amaluna I had 2 handfuls of popcorn (because who could resist?) and 1/4 or a pretzel that was under cooked and underwhelming.

Dinner - around 7:30pm:

I had a side garden salad and split a small New York pizza with my mom.

When I got home around 10pm I ended the night with a red velvet cupcake from Sprinkles because apparently I didn't ingest enough carbs already ;) 

PS. red velvet is my vice.

MONDAY: 

Breakfast - before work: 

I convinced Mike to make me an Americano this morning because he makes them 100x better than I do and I needed something delicious to start off my Monday. (Bad coffee ruins my day, okay?)

Once at work I had a packet of flax seed oatmeal.

Snack - around 11am:

I had 2 small tangerines (have to get that vitamin C during flu season!)

Lunch - around 1:15pm:

I had a ham sandwich with spinach and mustard on garlic rye bread. I also had a cucumber, tomato salad with dill and olive oil.

After lunch I had one Dark Chocolate Honey mint from Trader Joe's.

Second snack - around 3:30pm:

An iced chai latte with one pump of chai (ever notice that Starbucks charges you more for extra pumps but doesn't give you a discount for less? ABSURDITY!) and a handful of almonds

Dinner - around 7pm:

Rice and black beans stuffed bell peppers with shredded cheddar cheese and baby broccoli.

Dessert - after dinner:

3 mini chocolate biscotti from Trader Joe's

Overall, I would say I had a lot of sweets during the combined 2 days. I'm usually more of a savory than sweet kind of girl (opting for a slice of pizza over a slice of cake) but for some reason the cupcakes, chais, and biscotti were necessary. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment