Tuesday, January 28, 2014

winner winner sweet potato dinner

Soooooooooooooooo I am doing a really bad job at posting in my Sunday vs. Monday section but I figured I'd share what we had for dinner last night as a small step in the right direction. (Next week Sunday vs. Monday SUPER BOWL edition is happening!)


If you know me - and we share more than an acquaintanceship - you probably know I hate eating the same food twice in the same day. (If you didn't know this fun fact about me, you just learned something new on your Tuesday!) Most people make fun of me for this ... quirk, we'll call it... which is cool, like T.Swift white girl dancing at award shows, it's just what I do.

My sweet spuds steaming
Moving on, yesterday I had leftover chicken fried rice for lunch. When I got home and was rummaging around the kitchen deciding what to cook for dinner - that couldn't, wouldn't, shouldn't included chicken - I found I had everything for ... chicken tacos. What to do? Have tacos with just lettuce, cheese, salsa, and avocado? Maybe but that wouldn't be very substantial... sooo I steamed sweet potatoes!

Nom
I mashed the spuds with a bit of butter
then spread it thinly on corn tortillas, layered it with some taco essentials, turned on Breaking Bad and nom'd on some vegan (minus the cheese!) sweet potato tacos. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment